- Still no house. It's an exciting and frustrating process. We really are motivated to get in the right place, but we just won't be pulling the trigger over anything . It's a huge investment and we just want the right place. We keep looking and again, we have what I deem the best real estate team behind us so we have no doubt that we will get the place we want.
- I need motivation. I feel lackluster at best some days. I think it's the winter blues, in fact I am sure it is. I can't wait to get out on my bicycle. I think that I need to just go. I am at a weight I am not comfortable with right now and for some stupid reason (read: my young adult years/the media) my self worth is tied to that. I just need someone to come here and do it with me. It's hard. Walking really makes my calves hurt, as much as I love walking Hector it pains me VERY literally and a mile or two is all I can do. I am working on this with my massage therapist.
- The talk of the artificial pancreas has be absolutely giddy. Just the thought of sleeping all night without waking up to either correct or treat a low is mind melting. However, I did read an article (and here's the importance of timely blog posts, kids) that claimed it would be a cure for diabetes. I want to make sure we are all clear here that is a highly advanced treatment, definitely not a cure.
- I'm trying to refocus myself on cooking and eating clean again. I de-railed a little bit as my life got a little too busy. I relied on some foods as staples that should never have been. This weekend I spent a lot of time cooking whole, healthy, accessible foods. This will make my snack times and lunch packing easier, so I won't automatically go for junk/easy foods. I don't even have junk in the house...ever. Usually one pack of treats/chocolates and that is it for the whole grocery order. I am seriously torn between packaged foods which give me an exact and predictable carb count, or home made food which I have to wildly guess with. Does anyone else struggle with this?
- My sugars have been nice and tight though. This is a major bonus. I feel I have a great grasp on how I feel when my sugar is high, in range and low. I am feeling more confident in my adjustment, management and since I was wearing my dexcom: my 18 times tables ;)
- I just read that a child has been cured of HIV.
- GUYS! A CHILD HAS BEEN CURED OF HIV! What does this have to say about the future of diabetes? They have cured a DEADLY and horrible autoimmune disease.
- I need to sit down (side note I am sitlaying. It's a new term. Use it.)
Sunday, March 3, 2013
A lot of bullets, and a cure for HIV
I have a lot to update and not a lot of time, I want to update my blog so I will be doing some bullets.